For the Patients
Assigned Number and Colour Code of all the Departments
Step By Step Procedure for Recieving Dental Care
- As the patient enters the hospital they are supposed to get a case paper made at the Registration and Patient Waiting Lounge (1). A case paper carries the details of the patient and serves as a record of the dental findings, diagnosis, treatment required and treatment offered to the patient.
- A case history and examination is performed in the department of Oral Medicine and Radiology (2).
- Depending on the patients chief complaint the patient is referred to a particular department for further examination and treatment.
- For complaints regarding decayed teeth the patient is referred to department of Conservative and Endodontics (7) for fillings and root canal treatment.
- For replacement of missing teeth patient is referred to Department of Prosthodontics for dentures, crowns, bridges, Implants (12).
- For cleaning of teeth and Gum problems patient is referred to Department of Periodontology (4).
- For correction of malaligned teeth patient is referred to Department of Orthodontics (10).
- For dental treatment of children, patient is referred to Department of Pedodontics (6).
- For removal of teeth and surgical treatment of fractures and oral diseases patient is referred to Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (5).
- For diagnosis or oral diseases and for radiographs patient is referred to Department of Oral medicine (2).
- Investigations and Histopathological examinations are performed in the Department of Oral pathology (9).
- Public health Department deals with organization of various dental screening camps, treatment camps and field projects (8).